- ‘Love & Basketball’ Star Omar Epps Steps Back Into the Sci-Fi Realm With ‘NUBIA: THE RECKONING’by Delaina Dixon on September 28, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Omar Epps’ new book, NUBIA: THE RECKONING, continues the saga of Zuberi, Uzochi and Lencho, the first of a new generation of Nubians to awaken to extraordinary powers. The Love & Basketball star shares how he jumped from film to the page. “I’m a creative and had an idea to unearth this story,” he tells The post ‘Love & Basketball’ Star Omar Epps Steps Back Into the Sci-Fi Realm With ‘NUBIA: THE RECKONING’ appeared first on EBONY.
- Attention Beauty Lovers Sephora is Launching a new Beauty Insider Challengeby Victor Qunnuell Vaughns Jr on September 27, 2023 at 2:00 pm
On September 27, Sephora will introduce Beauty Insider Challenges, a new initiative designed to enhance the Beauty Insider experience for clients. This “gamified” offering aims to engage, surprise, and delight Beauty Insider members, elevating their shopping journey and maximizing the value of their membership. With over 31 million members, Sephora’s Beauty Insider Loyalty Program is The post Attention Beauty Lovers Sephora is Launching a new Beauty Insider Challenge appeared first on EBONY.
- Drake and 21 Savage’s First Night In Atlanta Was Unforgettableby Toby Adeyemi on September 26, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Drake and 21 Savage’s ‘It’s All A Blur’ tour finally made it to Atlanta, and the Hip-Hop’s heavyweights gave the city a night to remember. What felt like the entire city of Atlanta descended upon StateFarm Arena for Drake’s first show here in over five years, and he did not disappoint. He opened up his The post Drake and 21 Savage’s First Night In Atlanta Was Unforgettable appeared first on EBONY.
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Returns With Black Designers’ Designs on the Runwayby Victor Qunnuell Vaughns Jr on September 26, 2023 at 4:40 pm
The Victoria’s Secret fashion show has made a highly anticipated comeback after a five-year hiatus and is available for streaming on Amazon Prime today, September 26th. This year’s show will showcase the work of 20 talented creatives from various fields such as fashion, film, design, music, and visual arts, hailing from vibrant cities like Bogota, The post Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Returns With Black Designers’ Designs on the Runway appeared first on EBONY.
- EBONY REVIEW: John David Washington’s New Flick, ‘The Creator’ Is Sci-Fi with a Conscienceby Delaina Dixon on September 26, 2023 at 4:00 pm
After watching M3gan’s body count rise, I’ve had this nagging anxiety about what would happen if artificial intelligence rose and retaliated against humankind. (I never say anything disparaging to my Google Mini, just in case.) The Creator, starring John David Washington, has us diving head first into that scenario as a war rages between the human The post EBONY REVIEW: John David Washington’s New Flick, ‘The Creator’ Is Sci-Fi with a Conscience appeared first on EBONY.
- Network President Michelle Rice Reveals The Hot Shows to Watch on TV One and CLEO TVby Delaina Dixon on September 25, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Ever wondered who’s behind your favorite TV shows on TV One and CLEO TV? That would be network president Michelle Rice, who oversees the day-to-day operations of these Black-owned networks. “All of the divisions report to me, from finance and legal to programming, marketing and production,” she tells EBONY. Rice, who started with the company The post Network President Michelle Rice Reveals The Hot Shows to Watch on TV One and CLEO TV appeared first on EBONY.
- The Renaissance World Tour Was the Self-Care We Didn’t Know We Neededby DeAnna Taylor on September 25, 2023 at 12:30 pm
On October 1, 2023, Beyoncé will officially wrap her historic Renaissance World Tour with a final stop in Kansas City. The nearly 5-month tour began on May 10, 2023, in Sweden and after more than 55 shows, Queen Bey will soon take a much deserved break—or so we think. For many who attended a show—or The post The Renaissance World Tour Was the Self-Care We Didn’t Know We Needed appeared first on EBONY.
- How ‘Young Love’ Is Handling Angela’s Remissionby Delaina Dixon on September 22, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Young Love is the spin-off of the Academy Award-winning short Hair Love, which tells the story of a father, Stephen Love, played by Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, doing the hair of his precious daughter Zuri. At the short’s end, we learned that wife and mom Angela Young (Issa Rae) had been finishing up her last The post How ‘Young Love’ Is Handling Angela’s Remission appeared first on EBONY.
- Rick Ross: It’s Deeper Than Rapby Janeé Bolden on September 19, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Rick Ross has amassed a sizable fortune through hip-hop. His voice, persona, and confidence (rooted in Black South Florida culture) create a vibe so potent that his signature grunt— “unngh”—can stop worlds, start parties, and even reset minds. Rick Ross is a visionary. “I think the core of hip-hop was about having a voice for The post Rick Ross: It’s Deeper Than Rap appeared first on EBONY.
- Jail Then Hell: Andrew Lester Pleads Not Guilty To Shooting Teenager Ralph Yarl For Knocking On Wrong Doorby Jason "Jah" Lee on September 22, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Andrew Lester pleads not guilty to felony assault of Black teenager Ralph Yarl by shooting him through his front door.
- Blac Chyna Serves Tyga’s Mother With Legal Papers Seeking Joint Custody Of Son Son King Cairoby Rebecah Jacobs on September 22, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Blac Chyna served Tyga's mom with legal papers as she battles with her ex over custody of their son, King Cairo.
- For Your Viewing Pleasure: Netflix Releases Teaser Trailer & Date For ‘GRISELDA’ Starring Sofia Vergaraby Noah Williams on September 22, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Netflix revealed the first look at 'GRISELDA' starring Sofia Vergara as the black widow and godmother of cocaine Griselda Blanco.
- What’s Your Pick? BOSSIP’s Top Contenders For Song Of The Summer Featuring Cardi, Latto, Young Nudy, SZA, Sexyy Red & Gunnaby Noah Williams on September 22, 2023 at 12:00 pm
With Summer Ending it's time to debate what was the official "Song Of Summer" featuring entries from Latto, Cardi B, Young Nudy & More.
- ‘Love After Lockup’ Exclusive: Louie’s Mom Blames Melissa For His Return To Prisonby Janeé Bolden on September 21, 2023 at 8:14 pm
On Friday's episode of 'Love After Lockup,' Louie's mom blames Melissa for his return to jail and she has no intention of being nice.
- #TheImpactATL: Ari Fletcher, Arrogant Tae, Lakeyah, Dess Dior, Tuson Jewell & Jerrika ‘Karlae’ Bring Big Budgets & Big Drama In Season Two Of BET+ Show [Trailer Exclusive]by Danielle Canada on September 21, 2023 at 7:23 pm
BET+’s hit show about the glitzy and glamorous lives of real-life trending topics is coming back, and BOSSIP’s got your first look at the trailer. Season two of The Impact Atlanta will premiere on October 5 and feature some returning cast members alongside a fresh face. Ari Fletcher, Dess Dior, Arrogant Tae, Tuson Jewell, and Lakeyah
- #SavorTheCulture Char & Deveen Dive Into Plantain Destination, BunNan BKby Danielle Canada on September 21, 2023 at 6:50 pm
For #SavorTheCulture, a Brooklyn plantain destination is featured by our resident experts in delightful delectables. NewsOne’s Deveen Taylor and BOSSIP’s Char Masona are walking us through BunNan BK, a Flatbush establishment helmed by Nadege Fleurimond who serves plantains in a number of creative ways. BunNan BK offers plantain sandwiches that vary from jerk to red
- Trap Or Die Devotion: ‘Devastated’ Jeannie Mai Reportedly Wants Her Family Back, But Is Jeezy ‘Way Too Gone’ To Reconcile?by Danielle Canada on September 21, 2023 at 6:11 pm
Jeannie Mai is reportedly reeling after Jeezy filed for divorce and wants to put her family back together, but is the “Trap Or Die” rapper interested in reconciling? That’s the question that’s being asked amid Jeezy, 45, officially filing paperwork to end his “irretrievably broken” two-year marriage to the stylist and television personality, 44, on
- Dwyane Wade Remembers Telling Gabrielle Union He Was Having A Baby With Another Woman: ‘It Doesn’t Go Away’by Rebecah Jacobs on September 21, 2023 at 5:44 pm
Dwyane Wade is recalling just how frightening it was when he had to tell Gabrielle Union he was expecting a child with another woman.
- Irvo Otieno: Virginia, Henrico County And Sheriff Settle Wrongful Death Lawsuit With Victim’s Family For $8.5Mby Jason "Jah" Lee on September 21, 2023 at 3:51 pm
Irvo Otieno's family settled a $8.5 million wrongful death lawsuit as a result of his murder at the hands of sheriff deputies.
- Monument honoring slain civil rights activist Viola Liuzzo and friend is unveiled in Detroit parkby Associated Press on September 29, 2023 at 10:42 am
A monument was unveiled Thursday in Detroit to commemorate a white mother who was slain in Alabama while shuttling demonstrators after the 1965 Selma-to-Montgomery voting rights march, along with the Black friend who helped raise her children following her death. The post Monument honoring slain civil rights activist Viola Liuzzo and friend is unveiled in Detroit park appeared first on TheGrio.
- Tennessee judge denies family right to release bodycam footage of traffic stop that landed 5 children in foster careby TheGrio Staff on September 28, 2023 at 6:15 pm
A Black man cannot release unredacted bodycam footage of a traffic stop that led to his children being put in foster care for months. The post Tennessee judge denies family right to release bodycam footage of traffic stop that landed 5 children in foster care appeared first on TheGrio.
- Mississippi activists ask to join water lawsuit and criticize Black judge’s comments on raceby Associated Press on September 28, 2023 at 4:55 pm
“We feel like our lives are on the chopping block here in the city of Jackson," said Mississippi Poor People’s Campaign's Danyelle Holmes. The post Mississippi activists ask to join water lawsuit and criticize Black judge’s comments on race appeared first on TheGrio.
- NY Attorney General Letitia James has a long history of fighting Trump and other powerful targetsby Associated Press on September 28, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Here’s a look at Letitia James' political background and some of her biggest cases. The post NY Attorney General Letitia James has a long history of fighting Trump and other powerful targets appeared first on TheGrio.
- After being sentenced as an adult at 13, Michael Lewis, now 40, is homeby TheGrio Staff on September 28, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Michael Lewis, one of the youngest children sentenced to a Georgia prison in 1997, is a free man after 26 years behind bars. The post After being sentenced as an adult at 13, Michael Lewis, now 40, is home appeared first on TheGrio.
- 4 in 5 Black adults see racist depictions in the news either often or sometimes, says new studyby Associated Press on September 28, 2023 at 11:10 am
In a new study, Black Americans expressed broad concerns about how they are depicted in the news media, with majorities saying they see racist or negative depictions and a lack of effort to cover broad segments of their community. The post 4 in 5 Black adults see racist depictions in the news either often or sometimes, says new study appeared first on TheGrio.
- Michigan State fires coach Mel Tucker for bringing ridicule to school, breaching his contractby Associated Press on September 28, 2023 at 11:08 am
Michigan State fired Mel Tucker on Wednesday, saying the suspended football coach failed to present adequate reasons why he should not be fired for cause after having what he described as consensual phone sex with an activist and rape survivor. The post Michigan State fires coach Mel Tucker for bringing ridicule to school, breaching his contract appeared first on TheGrio.
- US secures the release of the soldier who crossed into North Korea 2 months agoby Associated Press on September 28, 2023 at 11:08 am
The U.S. has secured the release of a U.S. soldier who sprinted across a heavily fortified border into North Koreamore than two months ago, and he is on his way back to America, officials announced Wednesday. U.S. ally Sweden and rival China helped with the transfer. The post US secures the release of the soldier who crossed into North Korea 2 months ago appeared first on TheGrio.
- Detroit to give African-American history museum $1.8M for renovationsby TheGrio Staff on September 27, 2023 at 8:20 pm
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit will receive a significant revamp, funded in part by the ARPA. The post Detroit to give African-American history museum $1.8M for renovations appeared first on TheGrio.
- Mostly Black or mostly white. Dozens of hospitals have racially exclusive patient populations, data showby Josiah Bates on September 27, 2023 at 6:46 pm
The Lown Institute says "hospitals will say their doors are open to everyone and that they don’t turn anyone away, but that can be misleading." The post Mostly Black or mostly white. Dozens of hospitals have racially exclusive patient populations, data show appeared first on TheGrio.
- Two Black Men Are Aiming To Build A Kentucky Distillery On Land Previously Owned By A KKK Leaderby Kimberly Wilson on September 28, 2023 at 4:20 pm
Single fathers Aaron Floyd and Antonio Santago are laying plans to open a Kentucky-based family-friendly distillery in an area with a painful past.
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities For Womenby Kimberly Wilson on September 28, 2023 at 1:58 pm
A new report report from WalletHub examines women-friendly cities based on career opportunity and safety among other factors.
- City Of Atlanta Not Releasing Body Camera Footage Of Church Deacon Killed During Traffic Stopby Malaika Jabali on September 28, 2023 at 12:33 am
Johnny Hollman never made it home from bible study that night, and an encounter with the police left him dead after they tased him with a stun gun.
- Brittney Griner's Heart & Sole Shoe Drive Is Six Years In The Makingby Malaika Jabali on September 28, 2023 at 12:18 am
Griner launched the initiative to collect shoes for homeless individuals in the Phoenix community.
- Pose Star Angelica Ross Leaving Hollywood Behind To Pursue A Career In Politicsby Malaika Jabali on September 27, 2023 at 8:17 pm
“I’m moving back to Georgia to prepare to run for office,” says Ross.
- The Fearless Fund Wins A Major Victory In Battle Against Discrimination Lawsuitby Jasmine Browley on September 27, 2023 at 7:52 pm
The Georgia federal court rejected a request to hand down an injunction that would restrict the Black women-focused VC firm from allocating funding to Black woman-owned companies.
- BMO Is Bolstering Its Minority Small Business Lending So There Are "Zero Barriers" To The Business Programby Kimberly Wilson on September 27, 2023 at 3:14 pm
The bank says it aims break down barriers for historically underserved groups and expand access to capital and resources for minority businesses.
- Nearly Half Of Workers Didn’t Negotiate Their Current Salary by Kimberly Wilson on September 27, 2023 at 3:11 pm
Workers are not having enough conversations about their pay and its impacting their financial viability.
- The Film Academy Will Gift Howard University A Replacement Of Hattie McDaniel's Historic Oscarby Malaika Jabali on September 27, 2023 at 2:58 pm
The replacement Oscar will be presented to Howard University's Chadwick A. Boseman College of Fine Arts on October 1 in a special ceremony titled "Hattie's Come Home."
- Three Generations Of Black Climate Change Activists Share Why They Dedicate Their Lives Trying To Save The Worldby Kimberly Wilson on September 27, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Climate change has become one of the most pervasive issues in this country. But for some, it's been a concern for most of their lives.
- Wayne Brady Reflects On Coming Out As Pansexual: ‘I’m Not Hiding Anything Now’by Kui Mwai on September 28, 2023 at 8:28 pm
Actor and comedian Wayne Brady came out as pansexual in August, and now he’s opening up about how discovering his sexuality has influenced his dating life.
- Teacher Who Inspired ‘Abbott Elementary’ Surprised With Her Own Street By Philadelphia School Districtby Kui Mwai on September 28, 2023 at 8:25 pm
The teacher who inspired Quinta Brunson‘s award-winning show Abbott Elementary, Joyce Abbott, was celebrated by the School District of Philadelphia Tuesday with a ceremony at Abbott’s alma mater, Overbrook High School, and a proclamation that Sept. 26 would be “Joyce Abbott Day.”
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race UK’ Stars Call Season 5 ‘One For The History Books’by Monique Jones on September 28, 2023 at 8:21 pm
The cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK are promising one of the best seasons yet. The queens spoke with Shadow and Act managing editor Trey Mangum about what fans can expect as well as what they experienced as they came to the Drag Race stage for the first time. Vicki Vivacious said Season 5 is… Continue reading ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race UK’ Stars Call Season 5 ‘One For The History Books’
- Ice Spice’s Doppelgänger Goes Viral On TikTokby Danteé Ramos on September 28, 2023 at 7:56 pm
Ice Spice’s fan base, affectionately called the spice cabinet, discovered a girl who has similar traits to the 23-year-old Bronx rapper.
- Brooke Bailey Remembers Daughter On One-Year Anniversary Of Her Death: ‘I Feel Your Strength Within Me Everyday’by Kyra Alessandrini on September 28, 2023 at 7:21 pm
Basketball Wives star Brooke Bailey remembers her daughter, who died in a car accident, on the one-year anniversary of her death. Kayla was 25-years-old.
- Clothing Designer Asha Daniels Speaks Out After Filing Lawsuit Against Lizzo: ‘I Want To See Her Do Better’by Aria Bell on September 28, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Clothing designer Asha Daniels, who filed the latest lawsuit against Lizzo, is opening up about her time working for the four-time Grammy winner.
- Flyana Boss Releases ‘B***h Imma Star,’ The Follow-Up Single To Their Viral ‘You Wish’ Hitby Martie Bowser on September 28, 2023 at 6:45 pm
Viral rap duo Flyana Boss dropped their latest track, “B***h Imma Star,” along with an official lyric video Wednesday. They are also releasing another single on Friday titled “Big One,” after teasing the forthcoming song on Instagram earlier this week. “‘B***h Imma Star’ is about claiming your own stardom!” Flyana Ross said in an official press release. “There’s been… Continue reading Flyana Boss Releases ‘B***h Imma Star,’ The Follow-Up Single To Their Viral ‘You Wish’ Hit
- Tapping Into The Golden Hour With ‘The Brotherhood’ – A Thrilling Comic Series By Woody McClainby Joshua Rodgers on September 28, 2023 at 6:28 pm
This editorial is sponsored by GoldPeak Tea. The Zoom calls have ended, and the final email has been sent. How do you decompress from a long day of work and productivity as you enter the Golden Hour of the day? You grab your favorite drink, and if you’re into it, your favorite comic and get… Continue reading Tapping Into The Golden Hour With ‘The Brotherhood’ – A Thrilling Comic Series By Woody McClain
- African American Film Critics Association To Host 2nd AAFCA Goes To Broadwayby Jordan Simon on September 28, 2023 at 6:26 pm
The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) has announced the section edition of AAFCA Goes To Broadway. “Everything starts on Broadway, the original training ground for above and below-the-line talent in film and television,” Gil Robertson IV, president and co-founder of AAFCA.“Broadway is where these individuals tirelessly hone their craft and deserve its superlative reputation… Continue reading African American Film Critics Association To Host 2nd AAFCA Goes To Broadway
- Halle Bailey Announces $10,000 ‘Angel Scholarship’ For Black Women In Performing Artsby Kyra Alessandrini on September 28, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Halle Bailey is giving back to women in the arts. The actor and singer announced the launch of the “Angel Scholarship” to help support Black women wanting to further their education in performing arts.
Immutably Black History Project – coming soon
Join the people making Black History immutable and therefore forever remembered.